Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When it was just "us"

It is Wednesday August 4th 2010. We go tomorrow to meet our little girl Audrey and we all are so excited about this very special day. We have been anticipating this day for ten long months and now that it is finally here I feel my heart breaking. I know I am super emotional anyway right now, but I think I have cried at least a dozen times a day for the past two weeks. I just can't help but feel sad for our sweet Brayden. All Chad and I have known for the past two years is this amazing "muffin man" who makes us smile, laugh, and cry. He has changed my life that's for sure. I can't even remember a time when he wasn't here, and if I did it would make me sad knowing he wasn't there then, haha. I want to always remember what it was like when it was just us. Our typical day as of now is wake up between 7:00 and 8:00 am. Brayden is so funny he gets up, turns off his sound machine, grabs daddy's picture and kisses it, grabs his blanky and all his passy's and heads down stairs where he will VERY QUICKLY kiss us goodmorning then head straight to the kitchen where he will climb onto the counter grab his own sippy cup, by this time I have made it to the kitchen to put milk in his cup. Then it starts, GOOOOORAAA!! Gora, mommy, Gora!!! So we watch Dora at least a thousand times. I feed him breakfast and give him juice. I then put his clothes on him (after he has taken his diaper off ten times) and we usually play with neighbors or go to the park or mall to play. We NAP together for two hours AND IT IS AWESOME.. Talk about cuddles, he cuddles and kisses me the whole time, i love it! Then at 3:30 we get up and have our snack and juice and wait on "dada" to get home. And yes, he says "dada" a bigillion times until daddy finally does get here! Then we eat dinner and head upstairs for our bath time. He lovvvvvvvvves his bath, he has gotten really good at brushing his teeth. We sing the ABC'S while we are doing it to ensure a good amount of time for brushing to take place. When he gets out he stands on his bed and lets me lather him in lotion, then we put jammie's on he waits patiently for Chad or myself to get a book and begin reading a night night story! We give him kisses and he waves bye bye and we leave for the night!

I know that Brayden will love us even more for giving him a baby sister to protect and love from tomorrow until forever, but I just want to make sure that I never forget how this little person changed me forever. He is my world and will always be special to me. This chapter in our lives has come to an end and even though opening the next chapter is "scary" and "unknown" I am so excited about it and know that it will only get better. We are REALLY a family now! God has blessed me so much: first by bringing Chad into my life, second by giving us Brayden and now he has given me my little girl! I seriously couldn't thank Him enough, but I will spend the rest of my nights doing so.

We are off to have a Mommy and Me day! I really want this day to be special for us both, I will post pictures later!! Thank you all for all your support and love.

Erica "BRAYDEN'S MOMMY"

0 comments: