Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Countdown is on :)

It is July 20th, Chad has been in Tennessee working very hard for my parents, so I have had time to reflect on the past two years and think about the next fifty. I never realized when I met Chad in October 2007 that he would be my best friend and MOST FAVORITE person in the entire world. We chose to start a family VERY EARLY (thank God it worked out right? haha) in our relationship and didn't really have the "honeymoon" phase to get to know each other and fall even more in love like most couples do. Instead, our honeymoon phase consisted of growing belly's, remodeling rooms, doctors visits and hormonal mood swings. Chad was amazing. He always tells me no matter how HUGE I get with my baby belly's that I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. I ofcourse shrug it off but for some reason, this week has made me look at everything in a different way. This man really does love me and I am crazy in love with him too. I think I loved him more than I thought one could love anything when I saw him holding our sweet Brayden, changing his first diaper, and rocking him to sleep on his chest. We have loved our journey as parents with Brayden so much. I believe Bray has made Chad and I both better people, and has also made our marriage stronger. Our lives changed so much when Brayden came into the world. All for the better. And now we are on the brink of another life altering event in our lives. Our sweet precious baby girl is coming in two weeks! I have had so many emotions about this day finally coming, mostly about how Brayden will adapt, how or when will i ever sleep, will she be a good baby, could i possibly love her like i love Brayden?? Everyone of those feelings or thoughts are now in the back of my mind because i KNOW it will all work out perfectly, Brayden will love her, I will find time to rest in between kisses and hugs, she will be a great baby, and i know I have just as much love for her as i do for my sweet brayden. HOWEVER, the thing that is consuming my mind now is my sweet husband. You can blame this on my unbalanced hormones if you want, but I seriously have realized how much I am in love with Chad and how I know when i see him hold his baby girl that I am going to FALL EVEN MORE IN LOVE with him. Most people say their children would be the most important people in their lives with their spouse a close second, but Chad is the most important person in my life and I have just realized this. Yes, I love and would die for my children, but Chad and I are the foundation of our family. I love this man for the for who he is, for being such a "hands on" daddy, for taking care of me (and putting up with me at times), and for always supporting me in all that I want and choose to do. It is sad that it took him being gone a few short days for me to realize this, but God works in mysterious ways.. Before he left I was feeling sorry for myself, didn't think he loved me (because i am fat, hahaha) and now I know without question that I have married my soul mate, we have an amazing, funny, sweet and charming son, and are about to as Rick says go from being a couple with a baby to a FAMILY!

If you ever read this Chad, don't think I am crazy, just know I truly from the bottom, top, and sides of my heart ... LOVE YOU! I will always be here for you, support you and be on your side! I couldn't have dreamt up a more perfect man to walk in life with me! Thank you for loving me, for marrying me and for giving me our beautiful Children. HUGS!

0 comments: